The European CIO Association (EuroCIO) is the only European, independent, not-for-profit federation for the large IT-users (demand side of IT), both private and public. With over 1,000 organizations as members, represented by their top CIO and representing over 700.000 IT workers, EuroCIO is "the" largest organization in its kind also at global level, with links to other CIO communities around the world.
The main objectives of EuroCIO are:
- Sharing and developing vision and exchanging experiences at European level for the better use of information technology. This is mainly done via internal workgroups, web conferences, newsletters, network meetings, etc. for the National CIO communities and the Direct Members (large corporations).
- Externally representing towards the main IT suppliers as well as European authorities, like the European Commission, European Parliament, etc. EuroCIO is a very active participant in many programmes of the European Commission like cloud computing, e-skills & education, security & regulations, innovation & Artificial Intelligence... The voice of the larger users is more and more heard in the European IT policies (Digital Agenda) and will impact coming years definitely the new European IT decision making process.
Why you should join EuroCIO as a member
- A unique community and network
- The only European, independent, not-for-profit community of large IT-users (demand side of IT), both private and public.
- 1000+ companies, €100 billion+ in consolidated IT budgets and 700.000+ IT employees.
- Member companies are represented by their CIO (or highest ranking IT director) and have a direct impact on how our community influences our policy and commercial environment.
- A voice that counts
- Members share high level information and an interest in developing the strongest possible voice vis a vis the EU and the vendor community.
- EuroCIO is the partner of choice of the European Commission.
- With the New Commission, 2020 is the year we can influence policy making and be a counterpower to the lobbying of the vendor community.
- Policy, regulatory and business intelligence
- Alerts on emerging issues and European regulatory developments (ie. cloud computing, e-skills, security, innovation, education in IT).
- Horizon scan of upcoming threats and opportunities at EU level and negotiations with the vendor community.
- Community and events to share and influence
- Internal workgroups, web conferences, newsletters, network meetings for National CIO communities and Direct Members (the largest corporates).
- EuroCIO’s events are free of charge. Registration includes exclusive networking opportunities.
- EuroCIO Committees and working groups share and get things done.
- Members formulate policy and business recommendations for consideration by EuroCIO’s Board and General Assembly.